#11

 

This week in class, the question “what is the purpose of parenting?” was asked. So what do I think is the purpose of parenting? I believe that the purpose of parenting is to raise your child into the best person you can by setting a positive example. That takes a lot of important qualities such as love, nurture, kindness, responsibility, patience etc. In order to raise your kids into the best person they can be, you have to set a good example for them. When I think about my parents and their parenting job, I do think that they raised me the best way they could, I think that I am a pretty good person, and I can credit that to my parents. Growing up I saw my parents demonstrate a lot of the good qualities I have now, I think a big reason that I have certain qualities is because my parents had them. My parents have always had a good relationship and a lot of love for each other. Their marriage was a good example to me growing up because I know what a marriage should be and how I should be treated by my future husband. I am not a parent, but I imagine raising a child is hard. There was never a time when my parents delt with the difficulties of parenthood by yelling, getting angry, or losing it in some sort of way. They were always very patient and kind with me and my sibling. This taught me how to deal with frustrating situations. When other people lash out in hard times, I feel that for the most part I can stay levelheaded and show people the same patience and kindness my parents showed me. My parents were always very encouraging of my goals for the future, and still are. I was four years old when my parents started university, so I always knew that it was an option to go, and I feel like my parents set a good example for me and my siblings by furthering their education. Coming to university was definitely a stressful time, but I knew that my parents have my back. I might not be here at school if my parents hadn’t set that example for me and showed me the different options I have for my future. I definitely would not be at school if my parents weren’t there to help me through all the steps of the way, applying, sorting out my visa, sorting out housing, helping me move, and all of that. I think that my parents did an amazing job with me and my siblings, and I one day hope that I can parent my kids as well as they parented me. Having good parents makes a huge difference in a kids life. I have seen friends who have parents that do not set a good example for them, and do not have the qualities I named earlier. It definitely makes me grateful for the parents I have and shows me how important it is to be a good parent for my future kids.  Like I said before, I think that the purpose of parenting is to do your best to raise them into good people by setting a positive example and showing positive characteristics like love, nurture, kindness, responsibility, and patience. Without strong parental figures who had those characteristics and taught them to me, I might bit have them. I think another part of being a parent, is preparing your children to eventually be parents. Most people parent the way they are parented, so it is important to think about how your actions could affect generations. I believe that I will be a good parent someday in the future because of my parents.

Comments

Popular Posts